Posted by tracey on:
1. Locate the nearest artist. Give that artist a hug. (not one of those awkward half-hugs, but a really good one)
2. Buy some art from an artist whose work you enjoy. It feels really great, trust me.
3. Make some art. Paint, draw, make up a little dance to your favorite song, write a song, make a mini puppet show with your kids, write a poem, take 20 pictures of something that fascinates you, tell someone a really good story, make a sculpture out of something - anything, do an impromptu performance art piece for a friend or loved one by pretending to be 5 different inanimate objects in 5 minutes, do anything you desire that expresses your talents to yourself and/or the world.
4. Give someone else a work of art. Maybe it's the piece you bought, maybe it's the art you made.
5. Urge Members of Congress to Support the National Endowment for the Arts.
6. Support your nearest arts advocacy group/organization.
7. Make a donation to one of your favorite arts organizations or artists.
8. Share a story of an arts experience that was meaningful to you or someone you know.
9. Declare your love and support for the arts through your social media (Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc.) For example, get the full size version of "I Heart Art because..." Print it out, fill it out, snap a picture, and post it.
10. Make a point, everyday, to recognize how the arts make your life and community richer and then share your unique passion and perspective with others.
11. Share this list. Add to this list. Make your own list.
Labels: advice, art collecting, art love
# posted by Noah @ 2:21 PM http://blog.springboardforthearts.org/2011/02/11-ways-to-love-arts-everyday-1.html