Posted by sbchannels on:
Ballots have been mailed out to city voters and can be completed and mailed back at any time. So it’s time to get informed. More than 16 hours of unduplicated content related to the candidates and Measure B can be found on Channels 17 and 21
Channel 17 offers several programs produced by the League of Women Voters. The popular Touring With The Candidates is back again. Video producer Larry Nimmer visits each candidate for City Council and Mayor, meeting them at their homes and taking viewers on a tour of places and issues each candidate wants to share with voters. In addition, the LWV produced a program on Measure B.
A candidate forum at Pueblo has also been airing on Channel 17. Long time public access producers such as Ernie Salomon, Dave Wass, and Oscar Gutierrez have produced programs featuring interviews with specific candidates, and a new community series, American Indian Movement TV (AIM TV) is also submitting a one-hour election special.
On Channel 21, viewers can catch a variety of programs produced by our staff as a public service to educate local citizens. These programs include:
- A hard-hitting, one-hour Mayoral Forum, hosted by Josh Molina and co-sponsored with The Daily Sound
- A forum on Measure B recorded at the Museum of Natural History
- A candidate forum on the arts, recorded at the Marjorie Luke Theatre, with David Starkey as the moderator/host
- Real Talk: A Reporters’ Roundtable on the Santa Barbara Elections hosted by Jerry Roberts
- Unedited individual statements by each candidate, in both English and Spanish, produced in conjunction with the City of Santa Barbara’s Clerk’s Office
The individual candidate statements can also be accessed on the web:
SB City Council Candidates '09
Candidatos al puesto de Concejal Municipal '09
SB Mayoral Candidates 'O9
SB Candidatos al puesto de Alcalde '09