Posted by sbchannels on:
The Santa Barbara Channels has settled into our new studio at 7000 Hollister Avenue, which can accommodate a live audience. Now we’re planning all-new episodes of Real Talk: A Santa Barbara Forum with host Jerry Roberts. If you’d like to be part of our studio audience, or have questions and suggestions for future topics, we want to hear from you at email@example.com.
Coming Up Next on Real Talk:
- In the wake of voter approval for Proposition 8, the issue of tax-exempt status for religious organizations making major political contributions has created a huge controversy. Should these groups continue to benefit from tax-exempt status?
- The oily mess continues with the debate about offshore oil drilling in Santa Barbara County. Should the moratorium be lifted? What’s your opinion about the search for oil off California’s coast?
- The saga of the California State budget fiasco continues. Real Talk takes a closer look at some of the true impacts of the state budget crisis in Santa Barbara County. How have you been affected? Should the Governor cut critical services to the poor? What are some solutions our state lawmakers can consider? What can be done at the local level?
- Academic freedom and political activism became a huge controversy in Santa Barbara with the recent matter concerning UCSB’s Professor Robinson. Should professors be allowed to speak out on issues or should they be censored? Academic Freedom vs. Activism, what’s your take?
- Newspapers are closing down or going bankrupt on a daily basis, leaving gaping holes in what our news looks like. What is the future of the press? What are the alternatives to traditional newspapers?
Remember to send all your questions, comments or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And stay tuned for the next Real Talk on the Santa Barbara Channels, Channel 21.