Posted by Rachel on:
1. Sleep. Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night. Give your body a chance to rest and repair itself from various stresses from the day.
2. Eat at least 5 fruits and vegetables per day. They are excellent in providing essential nutrients, so our bodies have an easier time fighting disease and illness.
3. Limit processed foods. Anything in a package under goes a process and won’t give you enough or in some case any vitamins, minerals, and enzymes you need to be healthy.
4. Drink water. About 8 cups of purified drinking water per day is recommended in addition to having fruits and vegetables. This will help flush out toxins from chemicals found in food and the environment. Not having enough water durning the day can lead to a long list of chronic health problems, so keep hydrated even if your not thirsty.
5. Avoid refined sugars. In general, sugar lowers your immune system and so its best to limit it if possible. I recommend having honey, or agave nectar as a friendly compromise or none at all.
Immune System Smoothie
1 cup yogurt (Good bacteria for healthy immunity and gut)
1/2 pineapple (Anti-inflammatory enzymes that stimulate immunity)
1/2 cup papaya (Vitamin C and A)- both are needed for proper function of immune system
1 teaspoon of local raw honey (may stimulate antibodies)- use only if diet/health are not at risk