Posted by lemonjelly on:
Tracey and Steve always seemed to have the inside scoop on the new hot dog cart in town, Road Dogs, and always seemed to be in the Funk Zone when the cart cruised by, usually when I was nowhere nearby. Please understand that I have a hot dog fetish. I have a documentary on hot dogs that I watch a couple times a year, it makes me ravenous for hot dogs.
This weekend were two opportunities to try Road Dogs! I thought if I could hit up one of them, I'd be good. So I went today to the SB Food Truck Festival and got the Firecracker hot dog, which had bacon, nacho cheese, jalapenos and jalapeno mustard, $6. Btw, I also have a nacho cheese fetish, and most of us have a bacon fetish naturally, so this was a combination I could adore.
The other event, taking place tomorrow, is Road Dogs serving at Municipal Winemakers. As if City2 doesn't talk them up enough, because, duh, we love them. I find out today that they're serving up a special menu tomorrow at Muni. Gah! Now I need to go back and pair it with a nice Chenin Blanc. Anyway, here are the details.
Where: Municipal Winemakers - 22 Anacapa St. This is in the wine alley, near Mason Street. Muni is behind the Kunin winetasting room.
When: 4 July, 11 am - 2 pm.
What they'll be serving:
1. Classic - mustard, ketchup, relish, onions.
2. New Yorker - kraut, brown spicy mustard, onions.
3. Road Dog - chili, cheese, onions.
4. Sweet Carolina - chili, cole slaw, diced red onions, sweet & spicy mustard.
5. Picnic Dog - home made potato salad, diced red onions, crumbled BBQ potato chips, deli pickle spear.
6. The Rancher - julienne lettuce, bacon, diced tomatoes, red onions drizzled with Ranch Dressing.
7. Firecracker - bacon, nacho cheese, jalapenos, drizzled with jalapeno mustard.
8. Sweet Baby Ray - BBQ sauce, bacon, onion crunch.
And the 4th of July specials, just for Municipal.
1. Relish Your Freedom - roasted corn relish, smokey cheddar, chipotle mayo.
2. Cali Fresh - avocado, diced tomatoes, Havarti cheese.
3. Red Hot Bleu - baby arugula. diced tomatoes, spicy blue cheese crumble sauce.
Note: they can substitute a Louisiana Hot Link or a Veggie Dog on any of the above for $1.00 extra.
Bonus: use the City 2.0 coupon for 2-for-1 tastings at Municipal. Win!