Posted by anonymouse on:
A man, who was trying to help an animal in Hope Ranch was bitten by the cat, who later tested positive for rabies.
The cat was taken to an animal hospital where it later died. There it was discovered that the cat was rabid, and the man is now being treated due to the infection.
Be aware and cautious when approaching an animal you do not know, and which is perhaps exhibiting signs of illness. According to web.md the advice concerning questionable animals and symptoms of rabies in animals are as follows:
It is important to observe the animal when possible in order to provide proper and timely preventive treatment to any person who may have been exposed. An animal that shows any of the following signs may have rabies:
• No fear of humans shown by a wild animal
• Shyness in a usually friendly pet
• Restlessness, excitability, aggression, or sudden mood changes
• Excessive drooling
• An animal that is normally active at night (such as bats, raccoons, and skunks) being active during the day
• Eating substances not normally eaten (pica)
• Paralysis, which is sometimes the only sign
Thanking 'the truest sentence you know' for the mean kitty photo.