Posted by admin on:
I was going to compose a lengthy post with all of the BEST City2 stuff from 2010.
Once I started digging through the thousands of posts from this year I realized (happily) that there is just too much.
I also realized that what I'm feeling (and the more appropriate sentiment at the closing of a lovely year) is gratitude.
THANK YOU to all of the smart, thoughtful and creative early-adopters (aka City2 bloggers). You guys have made City2 an engaging and meaningful community. You're like, the smart/cool kids that I always hoped would use this site. Because of you, this experiment called City2 is really happening (in all senses of the word)!
THANK YOU to our readers and regulars. Your thirst for unique content and faith in the City2 mission is humbling and you continue to put us on the SB map. Thanks for creating all the great word-of-mouth we keep hearing through the grapevine.
Last, but not least, THANK YOU to all the lovely forward-thinking and smart local businesses who have advertised on City2. We're cooking up some even more engaging ways for the community to support you (and vice-versa) in the coming year.
Here's to a prosperous and all-around awesome 2011 for you and those you love.
For those of you wanted a list, well, here's a random smattering of fav's from '10:
- Left Coast Books Opens Next Door to Mercury Lounge
- Everything from the Bellicose & Bucolic Cartoon. Ever
- Fiesta Impromptu Group Dancing in De La Guerra (video)
Mobile Post: What are these plants are called?
- Step By Step (everything by Dick Flacks)
- SBIFF Virtuoso Awards (photos) with Emily Blunt, Michael Stuhlbarg, Saiorse Ronan, Carey Mulligan & Clifton Collins Jr
- Everything By SBMAG (Santa Barbara Man About Goleta)