Posted by admin on:
That's right - we're looking for a few brilliant interns.
City2 is the fastest growing local citizen journalism and news aggregation site in the region. We're looking for self-starters who are interested in an engaging, fun and challenging internship experience.
Qualities we're looking for:
- web fluent (you regularly use some combination of twitter, tumblr, flckr, last.fm, txt, IM, facebook, vimeo, verb, and know what ROFL means).
- assertive, enthusiastic, self-aware, personable
- interest in learning about the role of new media & it's impact on society
- desire to make a positive impact in the community
- reliable, focused, and organized
- ability to think and write carefully & critically
- excellent communication skills (either written or visual)
- available for 10 hours or more per week
Bonus points if you:
- can use photo/video/audio editing software
- have your own camera
- know HTML, PHP, ROR, CSS, Adobe Suite,
- have your own car/bike/transportation
- have retail/sales experience
- like donuts
- no coffee runs or menial office tasks
- engaging assignments /fun projects
- occasional donut meetings
- experience with a quickly growing and forward thinking local news-site
As a rule, we want our interns to get something meaningful out of their experience with City2. If chosen, you will have a high level of autonomy, and will be able to tailor your experience to dovetail with your own skills and passions.
Please send resume, appropriate links, and brief cover letter to 'info[at]city2.org'